Wednesday 1 May 2013

Life - by M.S. aged 14



Life
         by M.S. aged 14

I sit and watch life.

Just from the sidewalk I watch the wind whip rubbish across pathways and roads and people walking absentmindedly to their next chore or appointment.

I just sit and admire the pace, the burning speed that everyone seems to run to keep up with. I look, and I think: ‘How did all this happen?’

Because, how did it? How did this crazy wild thing called life come to be? I know people say ‘Evolution’ as though the word can explain anything and everything. But what it doesn’t tell me is how.

Some say ‘God’, so I ask them: “Show me a miracle.” They show me a baby, a new life, a new breath, new thoughts – another building block to our world.

And I think: “There has to be something out there . . . something that created this miracle; something that can withstand torture, both physical and mental, yet still contain the delicate touch to handle this thing we call ‘love’.

Life contains this. This love, this hate, this pain and sorrow.

That is what this amazing thing is. It’s wild and precious, unbreakable yet delicate.

Where did it come from? We don’t know. 

What is it, really? We don’t know

All we do know is what to call it.

We call it ‘life’.

No comments:

Post a Comment