Wednesday 1 May 2013

'Friends' & 'On the Run' - by S.B. (age 13)



Friends
                                       By S.B. aged 13

I wasn’t ever a fan of parties and social events. I was shy and kept to myself most of the time. I had a few friends around and I had my own thing going on.
I never thought I’d end up here, and certainly not so fast.

It all started at the youth group. There were only a few members, but two girls had come along to see what it was all about. Anna and Beth, 17 and 18 year olds – about four years older than me.
I decided to come out of my comfort zone and try to make new friends. After an hour or two of talking Anna decided to give me a makeover. That’s how it all began.

We started hanging out a bit and talking over Facebook. After a month she asked me to come to one of her parties.

“You mean one of your drinking parties?”

“Yeah. Don’t worry dude. You can trust me." And I did. I trusted her completely.

She was the one person I could be myself with around: my best friend.
But ever since I met her I’ve been getting into trouble. I started drinking, smoking and even
trying to get drugs.

On the run
                           by S.B. aged 13

Boom! Crack! The thunder rolled and lightning cracked in the distance.

John and his sister Susan had been on the run for almost a week. They were twins, born to a poor family in the country.

The family had only really enough money for one child but they did everything they could to keep both. But after 14 years it became too hard. One was to be sent to an aunt in the city. They couldn’t bear the idea of being parted so after forming a quick plan they were off! 

“We must find shelter. It looks like a big storm’s coming,” said John urgently. “But we haven’t come across a house in ages.”

Susan replied, “Even if we could find one, we couldn’t stay there. They would tell our parents.”

“You’re right. We need to find another place to stay while the storm is here.”

Rain started pouring down on them and they broke into a run. After a few minutes they saw a silhouette not too far off. Lightning struck and they saw the shape was actually an old farmhouse. John started running towards it but Susan froze.

“Come on Susan. You’ll get soaked!”

“Don’t you think it’s a bit spooky: that it just popped up when we needed it? And it looks exactly like that place in that movie!”

“Oh, Susan. I told you to stop watching so many horror movies.Come on!

Reluctantly Susan started to run for the shelter.

The door was jammed shut and rotten, but John found a hammer and was able to break some of it down.
They got inside after a struggle and realised it was abandoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment